The King’s Arms was in Swannington until the 1936 parish boundary changes, as the Coleorton and Swannington parish boundary ran down the centre of what is now The Moorlands. In 1936 the boundary between Coleorton and Swannington was moved to the east so now the houses on both sides of The Moorlands are now in Coleorton Parish.
The 1911 census shows James Shaw as the publican He was 49 years old, also listed as a farmer with a wife, Clara, and large family living there.
Read more: