The church of St. Mary the Virgin is built of stone in the Gothic style. The western tower was built in the 12th century, with later addition of a beautiful spire. The tower contains 8 bells, two of which, together with a clock, were added in 1873 by Sir George Howland Beaumont, 9th bart. and other parishioners. The bells are still rung regularly. The stained glass of the west window in the tower was brought from Rouen, and presented by a former Sir George H. Beaumont. There are other windows dedicated to Mr. Merewether, Sir George H. Beaumont and to the Rev. Canon W. R. Beaumont, rector during 1864-1901. In the south aisle, above the family vault, is the tomb of Sir Henry Beaumont ob. 1607 and Lady Elizabeth. The church was restored in 1851, when the north aisle was extended, the chancel refloored and a new organ and pulpit set up. The church can accommodate 250 seated worshippers. St Mary's is a grade 2 listed building. You can read more about St Mary's here >>.